I am Peggy, originally from France.
When I was pregnant with my first son: I fell in love, struggled, laughed, cried, felt lonely, amazed, depressed, met new friends and discovered a world that became my passion: motherhood, and especially supporting women through their mothering journey.
In 2008 I started training as a Babywearing consultant while founding with other mums the Oxford sling Meet and library. I have since added new skills: Postnatal group Support, Antenatal Teaching and more recently Yoga, Birth Trauma Resolution and Mother Blessing Celebrant.
I have met many women who have inspired me, passing on their wisdom and knowledge. There is no one way to be a mother, but I hope that by sharing this journey with you I can bring some calm for you to travel through and find YOUR own way.
My name’s Dani, and I run mother and baby yoga, yoga for pregnancy and baby massage classes.
My route to the birth and beyond world has been a strange one! First a nursery nurse then Occupational Therapist, when I then chose to return to childcare in the form of nannying and haven’t looked back. My passion for working with families has led me to add skills such as antenatal teaching, mother and baby yoga, yoga for pregnancy to my repertoire, and am now looking to add breastfeeding counselling as well.
In 2020 I gave birth to my beautiful lockdown baby Harvey, and went through the some of the many challenges faced by many new parents during that time. The support I received from family, friends and those in the birth world was what got me through. So now, more than ever I am even more passionate for supporting new parents; wherever they may be on their own unique parenting journey!
I hope to see you soon
Welcome to Mothercalm
Are you looking for a relaxation class during pregnancy?
Someone to organise for you a mother blessing ceremony ?
Or do you want to join a postnatal group to meet other parents, I am here for you!
- 2021 Holistic Sleep Coaching Course
- 2021 Biomechanics for Birth – Molly O’Brien
- 2021 Birth Coach Method -Neri Choma
- 2020 Joined the Association of Carrying Educators & Sling libraries
- 2020 Postnatal Yoga Teacher training – Sally Parkes
- 2020 Mother Blessing ceremony – Emma Ashworth Doula
- 2020 3 step rewind technique – Birth Awareness
- 2020 Joined Birth and Beyond Collective
- 2020 200hrs Yoga Teacher Training – Sampoorna Yoga
- 2018 Yoga for pregnancy – NCT
- 2016 NCT Twins and multiples training
- 2014-15 Dip-He Antenatal teacher – NCT and university of Worcester
- 2009-13 Dip-He Postnatal group Facilitation – NCT and University of Bedfordshire
- 2009 Babywearing consultant – Trageschule
- 2000 Early Years and Primary School teacher training